The Admiral, Ollie
A Bacon Yacht Charter is no longer a Mom and Pop operation. Due to increased business levels, we decided to take on additional crew. We were looking for crew with the following characteristics:
· Sure-footed on the decks. Extra credit awarded for 4 feet.
· Ability to assist Regina in the galley. Extra credit awarded for swift clean up of food droppings during food preparation.
· An international flair. Extra credit awarded to a Mediterranean ancestry.
· Capable of using a marine head. Extra credit for use of nearby dock or park.
· Low weight. Extra credit given for less than 10 pounds so that Regina can safely transfer him from the boat to the dock during a raging snowstorm while Ed pretends he's asleep.
· Young enough to train to be a valued sea dog.
After an eight-month search, we found the ideal crew member. Oliver Maxwell Bacon, aka Ollie, a Malte-poo, passed his one-week trial and agreed to ship out on the Prelude for room, board and fun toys. We performed a background check and mirabile dictu, he has a Maltese and French poodle background and loves to vacuum the galley with his tongue.